PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SEXUAL HARASSMENT, Captain Inaudible & First Officer X
Old 31st Mar 2002, 13:45
Chickenhawk66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Due to some software issue beyond my ken my former posts under Chickenhawk have all had the author changed. I lay claim to the post above, and would like to follow on from it:

Pity the poll feature hasn't been activated yet so that there could be a vote on whether or not the 2 threads involved should be deleted or not. . .. .I find it hard to believe that as a magistrate he felt his original post was a good idea. I am sure the press are watching with interest.. .. .The facts, even as presented by MP himself, seem to me not to warrant the often rather bigoted, misogynistic responses which feature on the threads concerned. This dispute is in my opinion the result of a clash of personalities which has been dealt with inappropriately by MP himself and his immediate managers. It is sad that someone of his experience should have had their career ended in this way.. .. .I feel that MP has let his fellow pilots down by making his allegations public in the way he has chosen. I am sure many members of other professions who hold pilots in the highest regard are making some adjustments to their opinions after reading the relevant threads.
I appreciate and respect Captain Pprune's response, and I hasten to make clear that I value Pprune as a conduit for free expression. I agree fully that it would seem that serious events may have occurred. I totally agree that there are management issues that need to be discussed.
However, I feel that these management issues should be discussed in an objective way, perhaps in relation to a past case or case in which all the facts are known. Reading the threads concerned, I feel that it is unlikely all the relevant facts are known here, and I feel very strongly that this forum is the wrong place to attempt to make them known, due to the extremely emotive issues surrounding allegations of sexual harassment.
But that's just my opinion. Would this not be a good opportunity to use the new poll option?