PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SEXUAL HARASSMENT, Captain Inaudible & First Officer X
Old 31st Mar 2002, 13:16
roland poole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Like many of my colleagues who have posted on this forum, I am aware of the nature and progression of the accusations against MP.

The point MP raised on this forum was essentially simple:- He was falsely accused of sexual harrassment, and the strain of these accusations had an adverse affect on his health. These events ultimately led to the untimely culmination of his career as a pilot.

MP had a valid point to raise, and, in any such case, it is inevitable that any concerned party may make the odd statement which reflects how one feels rather than demonstrating the facts. The post from Twosides is, however, rather short on fact and is, in my humble opinion, very slanted (to be diplomatic).

The issue here is sexual discrimination and the false use of an unfortunate workplace phenomenon. The individual's background was given by MP as information relating to the possible cause for the individual's actions.

I would imagine that part of MPs intentions when posting on pprune was to reduce the chance of such sad events occurring again due to our awareness of past mistakes. I can only hope that MPs future life is not clouded by events that have been raised here, and that the individual is treated in exactly the same manner as her colleagues by all concerned.

The arguements on this thread should be restricted to the original issue raised by MP and replies to it. Any discussion on the suitability of topics for pprune should be raised with the moderators on a different forum.

Remember the cause of the discussion here - an ubsubstantiated allegation of sexual harrassment that was withdrawn.