PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetconnect Fleet Replacement
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2008, 01:58
Dashim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The news is very good for Jetconnect. I congratulate those involved in the long process of getting a collective agreement ... and a very good one it is at that.

Johnny Blue eyes .... Make sure your facts are correct. I wouldn't think ANYONE would leave Pac Blue back to Jetconnect for the NG alone ... Pac blue has them, they have more of them and they fly them to more destinations.
Your facts are incorrect ...
1. Pac Blue is an individual contract ... days off can be ASKED not required. Replacement day off (refer FMS)
2. Jetconnect base salary is NOT higher. Point of fact .. I have been closely involved in comparing all conditions and a year 2 captain at Jetconnect and Pac Blue can expect to take home almost exactly the same income, based on a moderate amount of incentive pay (Jetconnect).
3. Roster system. Pac Blues Rosters are stable and trust me on this one, much more condusive to family life. Pac Blue also has a formal Roster bidding system being introduced. This is not a critism on Jetconnect .. just an observation.
3. Compare the Jetconnect (current) and Pac Blue Fatigue MS... not many differences .. if at all .... i don't know where you get the idea that pac Blue pilots have differing rest requirements. if anything, they are required to have more rest due to the duty sign off times (eg RAR duty .. 30 hour stand down AKL base).
If you are going to post on here ... get you facts right!

Puma pants. Your sources are telling you quite different information to mine then ... Aviation is a rapidly changing industry ... it is pure stupidity on your behalf to predict that PB has 18 months to live...

Both Jetconnect and Pac Blue have pro's and cons .. One does not stand out as being beter off than the other. They both have some great people working for them.