PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MACC move worries
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2008, 09:16
Togo Dawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are a few issues in here for me.

1. Why is this not being classed as a 'betterment' move, a quick google shows that house prices in the North West are falling at 10 - 15% but in Bonny Scotland only 5% - why should we have to fill in the gap?

2. Whats happened to our local Prospect Reps (as good blokes as they are). There was a central meeting on relocation issues last week that our managers attended and our local reps weren't invited to. Of course Prospect will say "well we had central reps there", fat lot of use they are to us at MACC as we are well aware of how they have 'looked after our interests'. If ever a meeting should have been attended by our reps this should have been it.

3. We should all be saying we're not doing anything PC related after the 1st Jan until they sort out these relocation issues. That means no MOPS workshops and other stuff in Scotland unless they can get us there and back in a 7 hour window that we would ordinarily be working.!

I get the whole move to Scotland thing. I'm not happy about it, but I have to move as I can't afford to pack my job in and I actually do enjoy shifting traffic. But I fail to see why I should be £100k out of pocket, which I will be as house prices in Scotlan aren't going down in proportion to the rest of the UK.