PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Polar
Thread: Atlas Polar
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2008, 05:52
BrowntailWhale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Polar guys. Here's what one of your guys said on APC. What's your take on his comments?

"DHL BSA (block space agreement) is only set at the six aircraft at Polar. Well, we are fully staffed. The two airplanes on the Atlas side have recently been reallocated to another customer. As far as effective date, I don't know.

Here's the kicker. Careful what you wish for. Go to Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings and listen to the earnigs report. There's a VERY scary message hidden within. In fact, it has me dusting off my resume. The twenty year DHL deal is ammendable every five years. Having said that, if they decide to terminate the aggreement, (not sure on the particulars) they have to take the airplanes with them. Not sure of the timeline as I haven't looked into specifics. So here's the scenario: Anyone remember the DHL/UPS deal in the works? Yep. That's my theory. They take the airplanes -- NO CREWS -- because of the F'd up scope clause that no one seems to monitor and we're gone. TAAA DAAAA!!!! BAM! All of sudden DHL has six 400's to lease to whomever (UPS) and furloughs run amuck. Yeah, this is all theory but I don't trust anyone after all the B.S. I've been through with other airlines."