PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - hopeless cases
Thread: hopeless cases
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2008, 11:05
Vee1Kut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instructing....

A good instructor knows how to overcome students hurdles to becoming good at what they are there to learn, and this applies to lot's of things. I used to get the students that other instructors gave up on. As someone that has been a student of many things...(My latest: Guitar)...I can say that finding a good instructor is about as likely as Pamela Anderson picking me up in a bar for the night of my life. That all said, some students are basket cases, but they like to fly, and while they have issues, and it will 150 hours to get thier PPL a good instructor will help them get there. Primarily the biggest block to students learning is the inability of instructors to simplify and communicate the information to the student. Honestly, most instructors, really just don't know what they are doing. For those that don't believe an instructor should be a layman pschologist, go back to the FI test...LAWS of LEARNING, and all that section entails. Needless to say, if your giving up on the student, just pass him/her along to someone else, don't tell the student that they can't be a pilot...chances are you don't have enough time in the game to honestly make that assessment. Some of my best students came in brow beaten, timid, fearfull, cautious, screwed up.....