PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways turned me down?????
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2008, 05:06
Rotorhead1026

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Expats being phased out by 2009--- Nothing official but quite probable.
Anything is possible, but not by January 1st. Sometime in 2009? Maybe.

2. No main wheel tires last week grounding 2 airplanes--- True Statement.
Of course it was blamed on customs
Yup. Saw the tires, heard the excuse. I asked the mechanic why all the other airlines had tires. He got really quiet ...

3. Chief Pilot has left-- He did leave, returned last week. No one knows if he is still the CP.

4. New CEO unheard from-- True Statement.
These two COULD be related. Time will tell.

JET lays off 35 expats
Expats make twice as much as Indians
Most of this is more xenophobic than economic in nature - the xenophobes use salaries as an excuse to get us tossed. I WISH I made as much as they say I did, and the dollar has been weak over most of the course of my contract. Overall, in my company, I feel wanted, but events might well tie the company's hands. JET may start a "run on the bank".

JET has a history of stupid personnel moves. This is another one. Hopefully other operations will listen to wiser heads and not automatically follow suit. We'll see. Never a dull moment!

It's a little early to bail (unless you work for JET), but keeping options open is always good advice.

[Let me add there's no intent to bash anybody's airline or hurt anyone's feelings (except those that deserve it!). I'm just callin' 'em as I see 'em. ]

Last edited by Rotorhead1026; 8th Nov 2008 at 05:40. Reason: disclaimer