PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI Mainline Holdpool
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2008, 18:53
K.Whyjelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=BIGBAD;4512581]I'd be suprised if there's any recruitment till lufthansa decide what to do with bmi. If they decide to sell slots off then bmi will be very overcrewed any pilots could go ( but IMHO I think this is unlikely).

In term of the MAN LH being moved down to LHR it should have minimal impact on pilot
numbers
as the pilots operating MAN were LHR based.
Depending on the rotations of the AMM and CAI and the difference in crew required bmi maybe slightly over crewed on these. It would be a fair assumption that the AMM will still be a layover and that the CAI would change to a layover as it is currently on flight duty limits and the length of turn around time required for the A330 is significantly more than the A320/1.[/quote

Not quite correct BIGBAD..........something in the order of 7 or 8 pilots are MAN based and exclusively A330 (at the moment). Another thing to add into this melting pot of debate is the recent memo offering unpaid leave for a couple of months early in the New Year......hardly conducive to positive hiring if current guys are being offered this (all due to less airframes due heavy maintenance I believe)