PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay Away From Cabair Bournemouth
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2008, 13:57
Oliver Bailey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Blue Sky Here.....

Firstly, I am totally shocked and quite offended by your recent outburst. Just to list a number of things....

"Poor standard of training: I’ve been with Cabair for a while, met a bunch of students and NEVER, I say again, NEVER anyone got a first time pass.(This is not an opinion but simply a fact.)"

I started with Cabair Bournemouth in June; starting the CPL course...which Cabair say takes 6 weeks....I did it in four weeks with a first time pass, as did my flying partner.

Then it was onto the IR...which took the scheduled 8 weeks...once again a first time pass..out of 5 of us that took the IR 3 passed 1st time, and two partialled.

I'm not sure what you actually expect from a flying school...being spoon fed springs to mind. You are training to be a commercial pilot...now as a commercial pilot, are you not expected to be at the aircraft AT LEAST an hour before, making sure the a/c is fuelled and you are good to go...surely this is not the fault of Cabair Bournemouth...but your own.

As for the walk....it’s a 5 minute walk...tops...please refer to spinnaker's reply, put very well.

This is my favourite..."No flying schedules; Most of the time you just stay at school all day with no idea what time you are gonna fly. You need to go to school in the morning and then wait and wait."

At Cabair Bournemouth...the schedules are planned by a lady called Amy...personally, the best personnel behind an ops desk I have experienced. Schedules...as in any flight school are planned in advanced, you expect some change, not once did I have any bad experiences. As for the "no idea what time you are going to fly"...I think this sums the post up...nothing a simple phone call...or a slight bit of personal organisation can't help.

I cannot recommend Cabair at Bournemouth enough...I had a great couple of months on the coast, all the staff were VERY helpful...always looking out for the student. I believe you get out of your training what you put in. I have no experience of other flight schools around the airport; however I have heard good reports from all.