PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay Away From Cabair Bournemouth
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2008, 13:55
JugglingSpence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hehe, I like it student88.

Personally I've not have the best experience with another branch of CabAir. This thread shouldn't be slammed just for the content although maybe the maybe the original post could have been worded in a slightly better manner.

If I had known how my 'Flying Start' would pan out then I would not have invested in 5 hours flying with them.

In 4.5 hours I've had 3 instructors (2 of which very open about how they were just instructing until that 1st jet job came along), 2 technical problems, a few cancellations, a random phone call asking for £52- they knew they wanted the money but weren't sure of why, the best that they could come up with was maybe it was an upgrade to a 4 seater for 2 hours even though I'd been told that one wasn't chargeable as the C152 had developed a fault, they then canceled that charge and told me that it was a charge for 1 hour but still £52. This, on top of the fact that I always needed two weeks notice to book which given the weather makes getting airborne more than once a month a bit of a lottery.

I've now decided that I've had enough of flying with them and have decided to write-off the remaining 1/2 hour on my voucher and find a new FTO.

Maybe if people felt safe enough to speak freely on this website they may be more inclined to share their experiences.

Personally, I would not recommend using them but I'm sure they have been great for many many people.