PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas Cadets
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2008, 12:24
damo1089

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quote: 1. for the Qantas Swinburne bachelor of aviation, i heard that 2nd to 3rd year uni students are offered places in the cadetship. if this is true, does any1 know is it only the best students are offered places depending on spaces available due to dropouts?how many places are offered and do they approach u or u have to go and apply for it?

I'm doing the Swinburne one next year griffy, after failing the Qantas cadet ship stage two assessments. At the information night there was a tiny hint at the prospect of standard Swinburne aviation students being able to branch into the cadetship. I also know that there is absoluetely no difference between the Qantas Bachelor of Aviation 3 year cadetship and the stndard Swinburne course. The Qantas cadets do everything with the Swinburne students. As I am assuming that Qantas closely monitors it's cadets' progress, the Swinburne students would inadvertantly come into contact with Qantas recruitment. If you do the Swinburne course you can offset $83000 of the quoted $88000 (upon choosing instructor rating) course fee. If you do the cadetship, you are still up for somewhere around $50000 worth of upfront payments. Ill also point out that the training company General Flying Services is now also a branch of Oxford Aviation Academy, which I believe have a pretty good rep in the aviation world.
Might see ya next year ay?