PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Victorian air Ambulance Tender
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2008, 06:35
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought this might diverge to a SE V Twin

'CJ & Dude' unless they invent a plane that has no wings or engines then ALL A/C are designed from the 'old sheet'.Look the PC12 kills the Beech in all aspects bar one, & it ain't rocket science to figure out which one it is either By all accounts a great plane (PC12). They would kill the likes of the PA31 (Eg. only) etc hands down (in most areas) but how many do you see doing IFR chtr & or RPT here in OZ?
Pollies generally won't fly in a SE in fact they don't fly SP either (could be wrong there though but not when I was driving them around the country) so I imagine safety is everything even to a polly

I know for a fact that the current contract for the AAV (Air Ambo Vic) does not allow for SE planes of any discription & for good reason. The service wants to provide an all wx retrieval service state wide with as much safety as possible built in, that last requirement can't be achieved with a SE airframe. We fly into some strips surrounded by high mountains (YHOT for Eg.) in some fairly ordinary wx, doing so in a single simply isn't safe enough, well isn't as far as the service goes & that's good enough for me

I know all other RFDS sections use the PC12, but not here in the SE section, I didn't create the contract requirements, I just happen to agree with them But just for the record the paramedics union wouldn't allow their members to fly in a SE plane I believe, I wonder why?.

'S8'..been too "2 headed land", went to help out my cousins, nice place, busy though, I'd rather the 'holiday camp' here at EN, they gotta work for a livin' down there, yuk!!
So it's twins all the way with the next contract, most likely the good 'ole B200, blunt as a garage door but reliable

CW

Last edited by Capt Wally; 7th Nov 2008 at 07:42.