PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Military Capability.....
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2008, 04:38
TheInquisitor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you be happy to serve as part of a European Army/Forces?
Over my dead body.
European military capabilities
An oxymoron if ever I saw one. Having the men and equipment means nothing unless you are prepared to get stuck in and use them. Although I guess it could work...as long as French and German troops are never sent anywhere where actual fighting is likely to take place. I offer you Afghanistan as a prime example.
for Europe to potentially become a superpower
...is the worst scenario I could imagine. The entire EU project is simply the unilateral wet-dream of a select group of French and German imperialists who are slowly managing to do with the pen what their predecessors failed to do with the gun several times over the last few centuries. Witness if you will their willingness to force their policies on EU 'citizens' against their will. Even when they condescend to allow referenda, if the answer the people give is not to their liking, they simply repackage the lies and ask the question again and again, until they get the 'right' answer. It is, in fact, the ONLY way the European 'project' CAN succeed, since the peoples of Europe are so different in their cultures and desires - having something imposed upon them which satisfies nobody, save for those at the top of the gravy mountain who stand to gain.

In short, no - there will never be a European State Armed Forces, since there will never be a European State. Unless, of course, we continue to capitulate to unelected, unacountable tyrants - the kind that countless generations of Sailors, Soldiers and Airman have given their lives defending against.