PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR Eagle DC-6
Thread: LHR Eagle DC-6
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2008, 19:52
tarrant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-APSA flight into Heathrow

Gentlemen,

Thank you all for your comments re the above disappointment. As the Eagle group of Companies archivist you will understand how I feel at the moment. Yesterday I spent time on the phone with the person who cancelled the slots that had been granted. I am simply amazed at reasons given for such action. This event would have helped to improve the image of the BAA in the public arena, which has waned over the past years.

This well maintained and yes loved aircraft would have been on an historical flight. Many ex Eagle staff planned to be at the airport to witness the event. Eagle as you will recall was a large operator at Heathrow in the sixties and it deserved this salute on the 40th anniversary since closure.

Question, if the slots were give and landing fees waivered by the BAA, how come someone else can come along and reverse the decision? Is this good management? Obviously the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

Nevertheless all ex Eagle staff would like to express our thanks to Air Atlantique for painting the aircraft back into British Eagle colours particularly for this 40th anniversary year. The reception throughout the year at various venues has been amazing. Innsbruck airport was particularly fantastic, re-enacting one of Eagle's old routes, with the airport General Manager welcoming us in person and inviting us back next year.