PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas Cadets
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2008, 13:12
coke drinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of stories floating around atm...I don't want to give too much away because anybody who knows me will work it out quickly.

-You can get through the psych and skills testing with bugger all practice. Admittedly I was already a PPL holder the few times I did those tests, but in prep for the psych testing all I did was the questions in the pamphlet you can download the recruitment website.
-From experience, interviews vary greatly. One interview I was asked a whole heap of aviation questions and some with regards Qantas (make sure you know who the chief pilot and possibly his assistant are!). Another interview I was only asked about scenarios I had been in in which I had conflict and how I resolved it. (That can be hard if you're like me and just deal with a situation without agression)
-Make sure if you get selected you speak up. You're paying for it, if you're not getting what you need try and get it. Especially if you are going for level 2.
-For whomever asked it, I believe there was 7 started the latest QF course at FTA. Will it stay that way, that is the question...
-People don't, and won't look at you as special for getting the course. Harping on about it in post job interviews won't necessarily help you. If you end up on the street looking for work (been there) the only real interest is that you have ATPL Subjects and MECIR.
-Budget for extra costs too. FTA's (and I imagine GFS') course doesn't include ASL exams which are something in the vicinity of $1500. You're going to spend money on food too, that's a given. So give yourself budget there and make sure you have spending money to visit places, buy stuff like DVDs or what have you.

Has anyone heard whether the new QF course at FTA will be flying the BE-76 or DA-42?