PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ppl Mecir
Thread: Ppl Mecir
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2008, 02:47
future.boeing.cpt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I've just done my initial MECIR and know the feeling is just that. It truly humbles the human spirit and I take my hat off to the instructors who teach it."

Agree completely.

Indeed, IFR is a completely new set of rules, laws and flying techniques. The first actual IFR flight is the most nervous i think i've ever been, but it was the most amazing feeling.
All you can do is take in our advice, and choose what you think is best for you.

"GST is not such an issue for me as my company is paying for my pilots license as part of our "Diversification Strategy.Most likely to fly in about 12 Months. I've been offered a job at the end of my CPL flying a Baron."

If you have 12 months up your sleeve, and money is not a factor, then don't push yourself, do your CPL first, become a more skillful pilot than you presently are, and be more prepared for the task ahead.

Choose what is best for you and the circumstances considering. None of us can tell you what to do, but there are some profoundly experienced pilots here, and between them all they have seen it ALL.
All you can do is listen, learn, and make a plan that suits you.

Good luck! And have fun. Your IR training is amazing.