PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish Training
Thread: Irish Training
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2008, 15:16
corsair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm often cautious of criticisms of organisations. All too often the critic turns out be one the usual losers who can't hack it or is too lazy to put in the work. Of course it's not their fault. It has to be someone else's.

But I think PTC really do need to put their house in order. Perhaps their recent move of most training to Florida will do that. When an Instructor who still works for them described PTC in unflattering terms to me. Then I'm convinced. The other two schools have their issues too but frankly they don't present themselves in the same way as PTC does.

I have personal experience of the NFC and yes at times there have been issues. But I would always recommend them. Despite our famed bad weather. I know of individuals who got through their PPL there in weeks rather than months despite the weather. I have often owed them a few quid (ahem) and have never been chased for it. Mostly a polite reminder, if that. This certainly wouldn't be true of PTC by all accounts.

I think this is a pity, as PTC was a damm good idea. It just seems to be poorly executed.