PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airplanes I wish I could fly but probably never will
Old 8th Jan 2002, 09:16
polzin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Airplanes I wish I could fly but probably never will

Just for fun Im going to list the aircraft Ill never get to fly by some sort of catagory and the reason why I would like to fly them.

Four engine radial piston.........I need help on this one ,its at Duxford and is a transport taildragger. Reason : because it is a four engine taildragger . Handley Page?

Four engine piston non-radial . Shackelton I like the sound of the Griffon engines.

Single engine piston........Seafury .. Because some no good rotten SOB at my home airport has one, its sounds fantastic, it looks fantastic. I have a mild O....... when it takes off.

Single engine jet .... Hawker Hunter Just a beautiful classic look.

One SE jet I could fly if I would just put out the bucks.........F 104... Must have looked like a space craft when it came out. And my dad designed the first ejection seat for it.

Four engine jet transport........ Boeing 707-138B......... I flew the B-720 a little and the performance when light was spectacular. the 138B had longer wings , and long endurance. Built especially for Qantas.

How about you ??????

The problem with doing something correct the first time is that no one appreciates how difficult it was.