PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2008, 15:38
WHBM

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts
I've just come back to this.

Originally Posted by LHR27C
WHBM .... So, you booked an extraordinarily short connection, and a ramp agent was there to make sure you made it ...... The only reason they did that was because you were cutting it so fine. This example has absolutely nothing to do with BA providing an inferior service, if anything it shows they are being sensible by not permitting such short connections.
I don't know if you are aware how the world of airline reservations work, but you can't just make up your own connections, they are offered by the arline concerned, and indeed in this and similar cases appear as such in the timetable. In fact looking at the pattern of arrival and then departure times grouped together by LH, flight times are deliberately arranged to do this for many possible connections.

This is just ridiculous. If you don't give ample time for your connection, that's your problem.
Please see above.

there is no denying T5 is a fantastic airport experience, easily among the best in Europe
I think this comes from BA staff who can't see that the rest of the world did far, far better, and long ago.