PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The liquids ban - some sanity (2)
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2008, 13:26
strake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A run-in with security....

I approached the security machine and carefully emptied my pockets of change, pens and anything else that might be used to inflict terror on my fellow passengers. Off came my belt and shoes and out of the bag slid my PC. Triumphantly through the arch without a beep and to the other side to collect the my belongings. Suddenly, the red light flashed and a female security person came towards me holding my roll-on bag. "Do you have any liquids in here?" she asked quietly. To my embarassment, I realised that I had forgotten to take out my toothpaste and after-shave. "Umm..I'm afraid that yes, I think I have.." I mumbled.
"Please open the bag" she said, again very quietly. I found my wash bag and shamefacedly handed it to the young girl. "Wait here" she said firmly. I watched as she walked away and disappeared into a back room. Thirty seconds later she came back. "Here you are Sir" she said, just as quietly as before whilst placing my wash bag and a plastic bag with my aftershave and toothpaste back into my roll-on. As she zipped the bag, she looked at me and, with a warm smile said "Have a nice flight".
A dream.......?

No, Narita airport Tokyo.