PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 4th Nov 2008, 10:10
ChrisLKKB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Generally my outlook for this country is gloomy but generally it doesn't bother me much because it doesn't bother most people. Now the economic outlook is gloomy, very gloomy and it does bother me because it is bothering a lot of people right now and will bother many more before things turn around.

Hundreds of thousands of people will loose their jobs and their homes, tax deposits are plummeting and benefit claims will be soaring. Our countries wealth has been squandered, the pension fund has been plundered, personal pension funds have been decimated and there's no recovery looming on the horizon...oh and we're up to our eyeballs in debt, then there's the small matter of the nations youf going round stabbing each other.

No amount of whistling 'always look on the bright side of life' can change that. If you want some positive spin it's that Bush is on the way out although sadly he and Blair probably wont be tried for war crimes.

I see nothing else positive about the up coming US elections, there's a choice between a huge unknown and an old guy who's in poor health and if he dies he'll be replaced by a vindictive looney creationist bint. Look to the west and you'll see a huge dark cloud hanging in the air about 3000 miles away and as ever it will be coming in our direction.

Civilisation! What civilisation ???