PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs on a farm?!?!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 23:06
Florentyna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As long as you realise that station flying is in fact only roughly 20% of the work you do, you are fine. Under no circumstances should you go into the outback expecting to be used only as a pilot. Each station and company is different when it comes to what other duties they expect their pilot to do. I personally enjoyed the experience of getting to join in the with ringers and 'get my hands dirty'. It's by no means a cruisy job, you work from sun up to 5-6pm and it's best not to work out your hourly rate but rather look at the fact that your board and food are free, then u get all that money to save for your cpl/MEIR or whatever.
I agree though, it's best to know your limitations and be confident to stand up to some of the p****s who think they know when you should be flying and when not.
All in all, great flying experience. Just remember, low level flying is only as dangerous as you make it. You DON'T have to be an aerobatic pilot if you don't want to be .

p.s. kidman is all 172's and AACo. 2 172's, 2 206's, a baron and perhaps a PC12 on the way. PPL not an issue for either, kidman will also provide training.