PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs on a farm?!?!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 22:07
harropster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had a job on a station flying a c206 near windorah, qld, at a station called tanbar. i lasted for about 2 weeks, in the end told the manager to go get ****ed.

i was told 500-600hrs per yr, was only getting 5 a week, and working 5am - 5pm 5-6days a week for around $120 a day, or $10/hr if u work it out.

when i wasnt flying i was told i would be the "gardener" which i was fine with, only to find them asking me to clean their showers and toilets, to scoop up their horse and cow ****, to fix cattle troughs, to clean up the social room floor which gets covered in ciggie buts and beer cans at the end of every day, and to go pick up broken fence posts in the middle of the ****ing desert

not to mention the manager was a complete ****** who yelled at you while flying, and decided to take over the controls. oh yeh and i shouldnt forget when he told me not to bother earthing the fuel to the a/c when refuelling, because it was a stupid rule. so i of course get in trouble, when i use my innitiative to make some earthing eq.

the list goes on, and the job was recently advertised on afap again, as southwest qld cattle property, so i would stay well clear if i was you. and also the aircon in the pilot house doesnt work, despite it saying it does on afap

be careful when applying for station jobs people, and dont be afraid to stand up for yourself and tell them to get ****ed !