PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The never-ending 'Modular vs. Integrated' debate - merged ad nauseam
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 13:28
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost Man Standing,
I fully accept what you say. I am fully aware of several modular students who have completed the long and tricky (whichever route one chooses!) path in less time than an integrated course.

However, just as would have everyone believe an integrated course costs over £100k and modular can be done for less than £30k, this, I believe, to be the exception, not the rule.

So whilst I accept it doesn't NECESSARILY take longer via the modular route, I stand by the statement that I personally believe Modular would take longer to complete. One of the main differences is that the modular route is often taken to mean training from post PPL stage, which of course is then not comparing like with like.

FWIW I have no problem with the modular route. I think it has a great number of benefits over integrated, but for some bizarre reason very very few involved with or promoting the use of modular courses [at the current time] seem capable of observing and recognising the factors which an integrated course offers over and above. I merely seek to offer what I have learnt from my time learning the trade as impartial advice.