PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cowboys in the Sky! (ref:recent accident-series)
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 10:22
Pitch&Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Setron,

Pasted from your opening post:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Com'on Skully, take that 74 and fly it again out of Rand! Should be right up your alley!
Deaths like the ones in Rand are on your consience my friend,...think about it (for once...)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Way off the subject? ... You're quite simply wrong chap, and require a serious ACK. I'll be only too happy to administer the corrective action... PM me if you have the courage to take me up on the offer. By the way, Scully is spelt with a "c". How well can you possibly know someone if you can't even spell his name?

The rest of the posts (by others) make for constructive, thought provoking reading. Der Absolute Hammer's theory on teaching airmanship makes particularly good sense, and may just lie at the root of all these accidents lately. Airmanship was a major Pass/ Fail aspect in the SAAF, and most reputable airlines (operators) assess "attitude and bearing" during training and checking.

Last edited by Pitch&Fan; 3rd Nov 2008 at 10:39.