PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cowboys in the Sky! (ref:recent accident-series)
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 07:27
Setron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someting is wrong in the state of SA Aviation...

Thanks to all the posts, the well founded (for good thoughts)and and the plain stupid (for a good laugh)!
Also this is in my view not a laughing matter!!!
Lets go:
Puff & Fart - as usual not very constructive and way of the subject!
unstable load - quite correct, airmanship plays a big factor, but I recon if one is a ass on the highway, then you won't change when you strap wings to your bum. It's a culture thing.
exjet - things have changed (for the better) but not far enough!
CJ 750 - Of course we have to find out what happened in the "Rand" case to make it saver for all. Every accident should help to save lifes later but the rootproblem is not metalfatique...
DaH - " There is something wrong here at the grass roots! "
It has become much easyer to get your instructor and this shows now. CAA has lost it and the people pay for it. There is no room for empowerment in Aviation if you have to lower standards of safety to achieve it!
weido_salt - 20 years ago Nelson was still reshaping stones; Things do change over time, it's just a matter of Hdg & Speed!
biggestboy - Wrong; never wanted to be a Train-driver so never applied. I find it rather strange to get your salary payed out of your own pocket
oompilot - I don't see Michael Schumacher driving or for that matter Sean Tucker flying around as a busdriver with 275odd paying passengers behind him! Some things just don't go together if you want to be professional in several.
308GT4 - Point taken, but if someone craves the public admiration then he should also stand for critisism if it arises out of his actions. It's like the movie star, that likes the attention and his picture in the papers but hates the paparazi who put him there!
The immediate effect might be "wow!", but the consequences (not immediate apparent) might be devastating.
I am sure the Ramstein-guys did not plan to have an accident or fly afterwards into the crowd. So, unless he, who's name must not be mentioned, has a cape and flies without an a/c, is just as mortal as anybody else.
You are treading the same dangerous path mentioned by supporting monkeybusiness, 308GT4!
unstable load - Correct, the fault not only rests with the Skully's of this world but also with a low-experience CAA, that tries to make up for mistakes in the past by quick-bleech actions that put low-experienced, not mature enough people out there to do things they are not ready for.

Puhhh, that was long, but I did not want to leave anybody out.

It is always good to have an idol to follow, but always remember:
It's OK to take a risk if you are the only one who is paying for it!

S (not Superman!)