PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The never-ending 'Modular vs. Integrated' debate - merged ad nauseam
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 00:51
Afraz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intergrated or Modular - Help me i'm confused!

Hi,
My name is Afraz Ahmad and I want to become an airline pilot flying for a major airline in the UK (i'm currently 18 years of age, just a bit of extra info!). I have just came back from the flyer proffessional training event and I met some 'people' there from Bristol Aviation and Stapleford Flight Training who said that I should opt for the modular course because of the following reasons:

1. The modular course is much cheaper than the intergrated course
2. Modular students also get jobs with major airlines like BMI, Thomson, Ryanair and Easyjet like intergrated students do
3. At the end of the day you get exactly the same licence no matter if your a intergrated or modular student

My queries:
1. Is the above accurate?
2. Do you have a higher chance of gaining employment with a major UK airline if you do the intergrated course rather than the modular course or are chances about the same (when I went to the Oxford and Cabair stand they said airlines prefer intergrated students)
3. Do the airlines have a prefrence over intergrated students rather than modular students (this is what Captain Monks of British Airways said to me)?
4. Do airlines care which training provider you train with as you long as you meet all the neccessary requirements to fly for the airline, I mean we all sit exactly the same exams and get exactly the same licence whether you train at Oxford or Bournemouth?

Thanks for all your help. Its my first post, I'll see what the response is like.