PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 2nd Nov 2008, 10:42
phrixus29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi ljjthegreat,

I totally understand your concerns...In our lil small world of self sponsoring ourselves and moreover coming from a country that will not even assist us in gaining employment even with a flight school or having any form of G.A,it definitely thus makes our lives wayyyyy much more tougher...agreed...

In fact,other nations would rather hire their own locals as compared to us foreigners...But I guess if you guys can get this in your heads as to becoming an instructor first to gain some hours and then move on,it will take out the complications from the picture..If you flight instruct at your school you trained in,( which is the best way to get your first job and with an extension of student permit or whichever way you decide),you would have gained some hours and also you would become more marketable...

If you get a bonus to fly on the line as a pilot,yeah,thats definitely a head start for sure..but what are the chances??

Roadblocks,you are all going to see alot..i went through these stuff too,had so much of stress myself but if you want to make it,I guess, you got to think positively..You got to be a fighter...I am sorry but you sound like you are messing with your mind abit too much...Nothing is perfect and it seems like you want all the creases out before you take the plunge...Life doesn't go this way brother...We are not taking our O' Levels or A' Levels where we can mug and perhaps get perfect scores...

Life,in general is not like taking a math exam..know your fractions well and you get full marks...You will have to keep altering your routes,revising your plans to climb to the top..

You may ask,if I don't get to work for long in a country because I have visa issues,I don't think so I have plan B and how am I going to alter my route??...Trust me,I got an answer to that too but these are things I have knocked my head on the wall too to figure those answers...If I were to type everything out,I might as well write my book,you guys purchase it..lol...

You know,the best tool in life is your telephone..make some calls..call up the schools,speak to them about employment after flight training(they will not guarantee you anything but ask whether foreighners have worked at the school and if others have done it,it means there's a way), make some calls to the immigration department of the country you wish to train in and tell them the ideal situation you wish to be in and whether you are allowed to work on campus and for how long?

As for jobs after that,then its another set of head knocking but its bound to come because then you have hours and you are more marketable..

You know something guys,you want something ,follow this principle and this is the principle I use :"Take The Bull By Its Horns"