PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas Cadets
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2008, 01:42
atminimums

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Griffy, I'll do my best.

1. for the Qantas Swinburne bachelor of aviation, i heard that 2nd to 3rd year uni students are offered places in the cadetship. if this is true, does any1 know is it only the best students are offered places depending on spaces available due to dropouts?how many places are offered and do they approach u or u have to go and apply for it?
Not sure about this one, but I am sure someone will know details.

2. what are the pass rate for cadets? do most of them pass into the workplacement program or only the top cadets go through?
I beleive it is fairly high, with only very few people dropping the course or being let go due to various reasons. I think most people understand the opportunity they have been given, and therefore give it everything they have to do well. If you make it through the course, all cadets SHOULD be offered CIPP positions, depending on recruitment and what not at the time.

3. can u minimise your time spent in the course by continuing classes during holiday breaks as a cadet? i know that normal uni students are offered the choice to finish faster by going to them.
Are you talking about the cadetship of the university side of the program? If its the uni work you are talking about, then its entirely up to the faculty/university, but most places seem to work something out with the students.

I am sure someone knows more than I do, but hopefully this cures your thirst for some info for the time being

mins