PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 1st Nov 2008, 13:26
Migas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NGB,

I am not joking. I take your point, but you missed mine - 'on average'. I also did not specify between Captains, FO's or Training Captains. Or even between long-haul or short-haul. I do admit that this is just a poor guess based on the airline industry in my country.

(she is blonde) ok all of us have our own aspirations and (thank god) we are free to choose our future. If your assumption regarding the highest earners was correct then we would all take the job of your girlfriend and become consultants or the like. I do not wish to change the color of my hair of course by the way.

Food for thought, we can become airline pilots 1 1/2 years. To become an engineer we need to study at least 3 years, this of course without a MSc.

Yvla,
Sorry to say but your drviver job sounds a bit boring to me. I am sure it is great to you. I do understand why you want to achieve a life long dream. That is partly what life is all about.

I also do not think we need WWW to keep touch with reality; we could instead just put a message every time we log in on Pprune advising:

'Do not start training now and until the economy recovers from the present recession and dont tell us we have warn you signed; we will advise you when the economy is healthy again. signed ...'

We certainly need to ear the ideas of everyone (and WWW's 'moderation' in the first place.)