PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this for real?
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2008, 08:24
brucehornsby1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stellair,

Chill dude, emotions are a wee bit high but nobody is casting aspersions(sic) about Pilots integrity, ability etc.
If your lucky enough not to be affected by the redundancies, at least allow those that are , their chance to let off steam.
Personally I am affected, but would like to say firstly that I feel priveleged to have flown the Electra, loved every single minute, and will be sad not hear those Allisons roar as the Old Girl sprints away(even at 3o`clock in the morning). Secondly, the guys left behind ( Electra, of course) are really top guys who have made my experience such a good one, I hope to keep in touch with them all and wish every single one my best wishes for the future.
Unfortunately, as all will know, the process of redundancy has been blighted by the fact that selection was based on personality rather than ability( again, no disrespect to those remaining). The DFO in most peoples opinion has made the CP job almost impossible,and has compromised the whole thing to such a degree that personal greivance procedures will undoubtedly follow.
Just a note of caution to those that remain: the criteria for redundancies has been drawn up and by law will have to be used again if required.
Remember guys, that the longer you stay at Atlantic the higher chance you stand of being laid off, not a great incentive to reamain loyal,eh?