PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Europen-low cost (no moderators pls)
Old 24th Jan 2002, 17:42
Jersey975

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

So where does British European future lye? It has been said in the last couple of months there are big changes are ahead, and if the scheme that is planned fails, it could be the end for the airline. I think it is great that they have realised that they have had to cut fares to be competitive, and also to see so much publicity in the media, that it can only do well rather than harm for the airline. But really can they survive in N.Ireland with the likes of Easy& Go both operating into London, with Easy now expecting to exapnd it LGW base. Surely that could have a real negative affect on BE if this happens. It is believed that BE want to go 7 times a day to LGW from BHD?? Is this necessary???

Regarding the fleet strategy, has there been any more update, or is that now put on hold, since the news of the RJX deal??

I hope that BE do stay in the market, as i have alot of great respect for them and hope to see them stay in the industry, as they have been the long serving member to the N.Ireland public and hopefully will continue to do so for many years to come.