PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe/Cabair 2009 Part-Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2008, 00:19
skeletor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
matt, my post certainly wasn't aimed at you......or many others on this thread. I agree with most of your points. However, I had to laugh when I read.....

Flybe should be hugely ashamed that they have decided to run part-sponsorships at two different colleges who charge two radically different amounts.
The prospect of an almost guarenteed job BEFORE shelving out 60k/80k (whatever it is these days) is, in my opinion, an outstanding opportunity for anyone lucky enough to get picked!

Regarding the disparity; integrated or modular, 200hrs, or loads of years instructing, we all start with different levels of debt doing exactly the same job. I personally don't see this as unfair. Unfortunate.......maybe?

I'm not here to sing the praises of Flybe but they should be congratulated for supporting ab-initio training (no-one else seems too these days). They're a good company to work for and progression is quick. If it's not for you, many have soon jumped to BA or elsewhere, and the airline sponsorship on their CV did a lot for their application!

Good luck to all (with the right attitude).