PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 29th Oct 2008, 15:40
phrixus29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ljjthegreat:

Yeah I did my training in Canada,a wonderful place in general,but way backwards when you compare it to Singapore, so you might feel it if you are heading that direction...But if I had a chance to rewind the whole process of my training,I guess I would pick the US,specifically a flight school based in Florida...I suffered alot because I had to wait for weather to clear..I always did my flight preps on time and everything..my instructor was always available for me but one thing that delayed me for 3 years was the weather...The weather in Canada is so bad that you are always up for surprises when you wake up in the morning...

And yes,I was in Africa for abit...The company in Africa got me the visa...How they got that sorted out,I am not sure but usually developing countries that need pilots will help you all out to get you into their country to work for their company..

But for first world nations like US,Canada,Australia,NZ,West Europe,etc,getting a visa is going to be a major problem...I would suggest to make use of their after graduation work visa which lasts for a year in the US and then go to an undeveloped country and work there...and if you have worked as an instructor in the US for a while,getting a job in Malaysia as an instructor is going to be very easy...and while in Malaysia,you could start doing some conversions and who knows,you could try their airline companies..there are Singaporeans in AA,FireFly,MasWings too...so thats an option rite there...

And yeah i just checked your msg in my mailbox..I just saw it..will reply to that too soon..

YANTZ:

Thanks for that information..In fact i was being a little optimistic by saying that it would take 4-5 years before you touch their shiny baby..haha..but thanks for that...I kinda know that the LJ's are definitely to see and not to touch..lol...And abt the Aussie guys instructing on the LJ's,i doubt that as well unless they are type rated on it with an instructor rating for high performance aircrafts...

I strongly would believe that the instructors are the senior pilots from SQ who are actually Training Captains with SQ...Reason I say this is because my uncle,who is a Training Captain with SQ,was told to instruct instead of flying on the line..What he was told to instruct,I am not sure but I believe being a Training Captain,he wouldn't be a Sim Instructor neither would he be a C152 instructor..Though he bugged out of that deal,it was a deal that was given to him and instead of getting an outsider,SQ might as well get someone from the SQ family to do the job right...

But your information is bang on YANTZ..thats exactly what happens anywhere in the world..

If I owned a flight school,I wouldn't want my C152 instructor to even go close to my Jets..lol...I have to lure them to stick longer and work their ass off for my company...Thats how it is...nothing very sad about this,its purely business,but yeah we suffer as pilots..true enough..

And Yantz,about you having alot of pple behind,I guess we all do..I was always so attached to my mother,it was so difficult..I even had a gf when I left..But yeah,**** happened because of the long distance relationship,but so what,I have my flying job now..I have a white gf now which I picked up from Canada..lol...Like going shopping ah..lol..I guess,to make it,sacrifices..you want to be fit,sacrifices,you want to be rich,sacrifices..You need to sacrifice alot to move way ahead...nothing comes easy..