PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 29th Oct 2008, 14:54
Yantz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phrixus29
I have done an enquiry with SFC about the ab-initio flight instructor scheme and I personally know an instructor who is working there under the bond. The job won't allow you near a L45 anytime which is based in Aus. The job scope of a Singaporean SFC instructor is to teach the first 15 hours of basic flying in a C152 at Seletar. After doing so, the instructor will access the cadet's performance and grade him. If he fails the first 15 hours of basic flying, out he goes.
So for the 5 years there you will be instructing in a C152, nothing else. As you can see from the SFC website, they recruit instructors based in Singapore, and instructors based in Aus. So the Aussie instructors are probably the ones that are qualified to instruct in a L45.

I admire all the determination and willingness to go West by you guys, but for me I've got people back here I've got to take care/hang on to. Guess that's my compromising factor. I really wish I could just turn my back on them and head to a land far away, pursue my dreams but that really won't be nice of me. Ahh Sigh, Sillypore - the place that is too darn small for any GA. But I am still determined to become a pilot no matter what tries to stop me.