PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aberdeen oil consortium contract
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2002, 18:13
UKpaxman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

JGG,

Twas me that mentioned the 4th aircraft being stationed @ ABZ - the basis for this comment was a BWA Statement issued via Bristows following Shell (main user) spitting out the dummy with the services reliability. This was the 2nd time Shell had summoned BWA to explain what they were going to do to resolve the reliability problems. The 4th aircraft arrived a long time before Titan appeared with the ATR42 and the demise of the contract. I live in Shetland and have used ATP's regularly since BA replaced the 748's in the early 90's - BA's and BRA's problems with the planes over the years has been very public - I created a thread when the BWA service started asking why on earth they would want to change from the ATR's to the seemingly unreliable ATP's - consensus then was cost plus poss the move from LSI to SCS . I agree that on paper the ATP is the most suitable aircraft - but you have to trade this off with the knowledge that you're going to have more than your fair share of tech problems - which when affecting the Helicopter Ops (expensive bit of service) isn't something that makes sense (unless your an accountant !)Did a return trip on the 146 last week - impressed till the aircraft went tech and we had to wait for one of the others to arrive.