PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aberdeen oil consortium contract
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2002, 01:02
Johnny F@rt Pants

Location: Either the back of a sim, or wherever Crewing send me.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honest Frank - what you've said is quite right, there were many occasions when I have arrived in Scatsta to be told the helicopters are running late, and when you're scheduled out in 25 mins with a 1/2 hour turnround in Aberdeen there's no catch-up. The guys and occasionally girls in Aberdeen are only told they're delayed and assume it's the aircraft's fault when it's quite often not. Anyway how's the house coming along during this enforced period of poorly paid leave???

Re the debate about ATP/ATR/146, well it all depends on how much the oil consortium are prepared to pay. The ATP is the cheapest option, which is the reason it was brought in to do the job a couple of years ago, it is also better at dealing with strong x-winds than either of the others. It may well be the most inferior of the three in most other aspects but that is a major factor in the Shetlands, and I'll bet there are many occasions when the ATP'll get in when none of the others would.

Anyway none of this actually answers the original post, so come on somebody give us a clue as to who's up for the job, and most importantly do they need any pilots.