PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 29th Oct 2008, 07:53
phrixus29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With regards to rotation flying the C152's and the LJ45's,I would like to ask though,what are the chances of a newbie being allowed to instruct on the LJ's???

From a business point of view,you can remain in SFC for atleast 4-5 years before they allow you to touch their baby LJ's...

I know from my training days that in a school with say,15 instructors for example,only2 or 3 instructors get to instruct on the twin engine aircraft (that also piston) and the instructors who get to teach on the twin aircraft are the more senior ones and who have kind of become career instructors more than someone who's trying to build quick hours and bug out..

Flight schools are smart...If they allow a newbie to start instructing on bigger machines,they know,you are gonna build your hours and leave asap...and that's not what they want..they want to keep you as long as possible..so your only consolation is that you are building flight time,which is mostly single engine pistons..

I had the same impression before,I will start instructing on single engines and then move on to twins,and etc..but the inside story is always about business..they will keep you because they know you need flight experience and they won't upgrade you soon because they know you are gonna build some turbine time or jet time and leave for a better job...this whole industry has been screwed thanks to the many pilots out there who are old now who have played with the system so much to the point that companies know it and they try to defend the system now..

So chances of building some turbine time with SFC i personally think is going to be a slim chance for sure..or be it anywhere..even in the foreign lands,you might not be allowed to instruct on the twin soon enough,perhaps until you get at least 1000 hours perhaps before they even allow you to instruct on it..and guess what,and by the time your 1 year work visa is up,you would have built 1000 hours perhaps but i doubt you'd have any multi instructing time..so by that time,its time ti find a new job and grow with the new company perhaps...