PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aberdeen oil consortium contract
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2002, 04:31
UKpaxman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Well, here's hoping Flightline get the contract. Being a regular user of the service I've spent many an hour in Aberdeen waiting for BWA to fix the ATP or fire up the fourth aircraft. Having a fleet of 4 aircraft with three out of service due to technical problems is downright ridiculous but it happened on a few occassions. The contract only demanded 3 aircraft, the fourth aircraft was only brought in due to the poor reliability of the other three. Living under the flightpath of Scatsta, and talking to some folk who have used the service, the punctuality of the service has never been better. With regard to the cost, apparently the 146's are using about a third more fuel than the ATP's, that said the 146 is much better at clearing backlog from Scatsta as they can depart with up to 95 PAX but they're limited to a similar number as the ATP was for arrival at Scatsta. Have to say watching them take of and climb is pretty damned impressive, I'm due out of Scatsta first thing Monday and I'm looking forward to the flight. Here's hoping the consortium look a bit further than costs this time - either that or bring back the Dash 7's.