PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 29th Oct 2008, 05:26
AiRBuS_380

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,

yes, what you say its true and the only difference will be SFC gives you another opportunity to perform to impress.. thats the only difference.

As for being a FI, base on my knowledge (never been a FI) I believe that SFC instructors should have jet hours as well. its because of the rotation of training aircrafts from C152s to the LJ45. by the end of the day you might get a airline job with the mother company if all goes well perhaps at a shorter time then other self-sponsored individuals.

SFC charges the highest in the region (I think) and therefore financial stability is important but from what i know, not many can join SFC as a private cadet as well as they have similar interviews and test prior to being selected. But at such current uncertainty and recession period, its wise to selected the best flight school that meets individuals financial and operational benefits.

Well, you seem logical and you definetly know the route you would take. good luck!

PS:yes starting overseas employment for FI or flying jobs is easily in Asia Region with a SG passport, but other regions, work permit and visas will pose a high number of issues which you will understand when you start applying for jobs... so i guess its back to square 1 in terms of the nationality of your licenses. Big airlines can afford the cost while small flight schools might want you to absorb the charges and the XX gurantee. I have hit this wall hard during the start of my career, but determination will ensure you a place in this industry! you got that!

great way to fly