PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Salary
Thread: Air Asia Salary
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2008, 23:09
Adios

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw the details too and think it's another sad pay to fly scheme. The big red flags to me are the fact that you pay for he TR and Base Training, then have the sim check with Air Asia plus the fact that you will come in on a tourist visa, then get a work permit. I don't think anybody's going to be giving you a refund if you don't get the work permit and I am quite surprised that Malaysia would allow anyone to work on a tourist visa. I guess the fact that you are paying them to let you fly might get around this though, as they could claim you're just another paying customer

The other big red flag to me is that the TRTO picks who gets the seats. This is a major conflict of interest when the salesman runs the selection process. I don't think for a minute the FTO has incapable graduates, but the rushed selection process and the dearth of type rating customers may have clouded the judgement a bit concerning that little clause about starting a job in Malaysia on a tourist visa.

Nick14's sums make no mention of HSBC loan payments, but I think it's safe to say that none of those with such a loan will be taking the trip to Kuala Lumpur. Above criticisms notwithstanding, I can see why this would be enticing to those who might have the funds to do it and don't have a large loan hanging over their head. 1,000 hours on an A320 could open doors to DEP programs. BA's SSP salary is £31,015 and their DEP salary is £48,500 according to PPJN. By the time these guys return from Kuala Lumpur, BA might even be hiring again, as well as others.