PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't be a Tool
Thread: Don't be a Tool
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2008, 09:08
raven11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey V, many years ago when I joined Cathay I remember feeling just like you do. Hang in there in kid, someday soon, as you gain proficiency, you'll realize that being level two miles before glideslope interception is really quite a lot! You know, something only inexperienced "tools" do!

BTW...I fly quite a lot into North America. I find that most controllers there are great, professional people, and we work well together. But in the past few years, it seems, some have become rude and irritable. I think these are the ones who scare you! These controllers like to indulge in a "parent to child" approach when issuing clearances to pilots. Maybe they feel we are there to make life easier for them, and not the other way around. Whatever the reason, when confronted with such rudeness, I recommend firing back. Otherwise it will continue to bother you. Don't take their guff! Only the inexperienced "tools" take that abuse!

Remember, any time this type of controller feels he can do our job, he can get the licence, the ratings, and thirty years of experience. In the mean time, he should shut up and control!

So hang in there V....and lay off the coffee and sweets!