PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't be a Tool
Thread: Don't be a Tool
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2008, 08:09
Beta Light

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't start doing something you're not supposed to do and say "non-standard" to me!!! WTFO ???!!! I don't ever want to hear those words. If it's non-standard then don't f'kkking do it!!! Show me where it says you can ignore standards and do otherwise by first saying "non-standard". If it's not in writing then it's not SOP. Don't be a f'kkking tool.
The S.O.P cannot cater of every possible scenario. If the P.F is hot and high, lets say a slam dunk from Sierra, and need the gear to get on profile, I would like a non standard call if he ask for gear before Flap 10, this way we both know his reasoning and planning. If not I will have to question him as per S.O.P

ATIS on contact with approach I agree, in H.K. radar give you the ATIS code on first contact, long before you switch to App.

On contact to ground you should give A/C type, Bay #, F.L. Atis code and P.O.B on first contact. Do you do this?? The only station I know that follow the correct format is Singapore.... do you do this???

So you suggest we don't enter a speed / alt constraint over lets say SMO going to L.A.X ?

Instead of debriefing us here on an open public forum, write a training letter to Crews News.