PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it worth doing ATPL's?
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2008, 06:57
povopilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it worth doing ATPL's?

G'day eternally wise PPRuNer's,

Having knocked off the CPL exams, I'm wondering what the general consensus is on doing the ATPL's while working in GA? Personally I couldnt be rooted reading any more books, but some people say it is a good idea to knock them all off at once.

Others say it can in fact harm your chances of scoring a half decent gig because the employers think that you are just an airline wannabe tosser that wants to use them for some quick command time.

Are they at all relevant/required in the world of GA? Do employers really care if you have them or not?

My feeling is why bother if you can't actually hold an ATPL until you have the required hours. I also think that they would perhaps be easier to study for with real world experience?

Happy to hear everyone's thoughts. - Thats peoples thought's on my question, not peoples thoughts on how many gps's you should have in a bonanza or peoples thoughts on the introduction of ADSB.

On a side note has anyone ever flown an ECHO? I'm just wondering how long it takes to do a flight plan? Maybe the reason i've never seen one is that they've all spun into the ground due CoG problems?

povopilot.