PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Phraseology Q
Thread: Phraseology Q
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2008, 01:25
povopilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mark1234,

I'm not sure if it is the correct phraseology, but when operating in the GLG, TQY, BRS CTAF it is common to just address the CTAF as the airfield that you are operating out of or passing closest to. E.g Geelong Traffic if inbound, operating at or overflying closest to Geelong.

Everyone using the CTAF should know that GLG, TQY and BRS use the one CTAF and therefore should be able to recognise that someone calling GLG is in the vicinity of the other two airfield's. One exception is, say ABC has just made an inbound call addressing Barwon Heads traffic and you are overflying Geelong then you might prefix your broadcast with "Geelong traffic and ABC"

This is how i do it and i stand to be corrected. Of course there are people that do the whole "All stations Barwon Heads, Geelong, Torquay CTAF blah blah blah all stations Barwon Heads, Geelong, Torquay. This seems to clog up the airwaves significantly. I am going to shut up now for fear of actually being shot down next time i fly near Barwon Heads!

povopilot