PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EGT on EK LAX
Thread: EGT on EK LAX
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2008, 17:25
Gulf News

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the MOD

EGGW.

OK Boss. I agree, the rules are clear, no outing. I only heard the term EGT two days ago and as soon as it was put in context I could see it fit 100% However, somebody has to do the job and if he wants to be H__sans boy then let him be. The odd stint in the limelight (such as a first operation) is the only joy he will get in life. My only experience of him was when he flew as an F.O.with me and he wasn't much good at that.

I do have a problem however with this mrmachfivepointfive character, and I think that you as a moderator should possibly consign his posts to the spotters and dispatchers forums which are this persons areas of expertise. I did a quick search back and have highlighted below some of his or hers more remarkable contributions of late. Mrmachfivepointfive is an EK employee, no doubt (and many of us know who it is) but with posts such as these has no place on a pilots forum.

Guys - please get your infos right, or I ll have to book mark pprune under 'spam'.
Uncontained APU failure on takeoff. Debris took out two hydraulic systems plus some air duct plumbing which later on caused the smoke.
The idiot who got injured was a pissed up brit (yeah - I know: stereotype) who despite cabin crew warnings made his way to the loo during takeoff.
After they patched him up and a sobering nap, he claims he wanted to warn crew because he heard 'noises'.
Pure and utter uninformed bullsh_t that the subsequent ASR proved later that week.

Then this little gem which I was surprised didn't raise a few more hackles.

If you love flying, pulling some Gs and taking the crate upside down - forget about becoming a professional pilot. You will be frustrated by the stupidity of the job and your idiot colleagues who are just so full of themselves.
If you are 4'11'', or you have an IQ equal to the room temperature in F but long for the social standing of a heart transplant surgeon in exchange for 1% of the surgeons training - If you also don't mind a very simple machine doing a better job than you and wearing itchy shirts with 'clip on' ties- professional pilot is the job for you.
There are more but that says it all really.Being a mod is not an easy job I well know, especially when you have a job such as ours however it is a responsibility you accepted when you took on the role. In a nutshell. We will keep it nice if you curtail the bullsh_t.