PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer
Thread: BA Cityflyer
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2008, 12:32
13Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks BALaddy.

I checked the mobile number on my booking and in the Exec Club "my account" section at ba.com and they are both correct. On calling the Exec Club they confirmed that they had the correct number too, although the person I spoke to was going to do some other checks but then her screen went blank and promised to call back.

(I'm glad I called the premium "dedicated Silver cardholder" helpline number... I suppose the difference with the premium number and the regular one is that you get through to someone who can't help you more quickly ? )

It could be as you say that this is just a problem with my EC card record, but on a previous occasion when a EDI-LGW flight was cancelled (with at least 8 hours notice) the whole planeload of pax turned up at EDI at the normal time. And similar problems with other flights departing from LCY. So I think there are wider problems than just isolated data errors...

Aside from the personal inconvenience, as an IT consultant it pains me to see companies put technology in place to deliver good customer service and then squander it by lacking the ability (or the will) to use it properly.

Thanks again for your (and your Dad's ) info though, it earned me an extra hour in bed

13Alpha