PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ayla Aaa Jordan
Thread: Ayla Aaa Jordan
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2008, 07:52
goneeast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll think you will find that the big boys are not fighting. We worked hard to convince the CEO the error of his ways and failed. Because he would not listen..end of. When you are inputting good advice and continue to be ignored, you leave, that is exactly what happened..There was no ex-pat versus local agenda. No "I am leaving because I want more money". No tensions between instructors that I am aware of.
In fact the only instructor that left because of problems with locals did so because of high levels of racial abuse (In town, not at work). I was firmly able to look after myself on that front (if you know what i mean ).

Im pretty sure that many posters on here would have stayed gladly if they were listened to..there were plenty of meetings, but why bother with meetings if you are not going to bother listening to your management/staff? We all got on very well thank you!

As for advice to the students, firstly, good luck. You need to formulate a plan of action, you need to speak to the CEO directly. Be prepared for him to offer you platitudes and he will say what you want to hear. But stay strong and demand results.. You are paying for this after all. There is no point in moaning on here if you are not airing your concerns to the CEO (And NOT to student welfare/instructors/other students or the teaboy)...the CEO is a micro manager and he is the ONLY one to talk to..as a student body.
Do it sooner rather than later, but have FACTS to hand to challenge him with.

Last edited by goneeast; 27th Oct 2008 at 08:02.