PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 27th Oct 2008, 06:42
phrixus29

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Singapore001,

I will have to say its more of a one off situation..I am talking with regards to the majority of the crowd..Not a handful...Yes,I agree there are some who do eventually get in,but SQ has a policy too that you will have to re-do alot of your training though certain exemptions could possibly be given..And if you have gone through most of the rounds and dropped at a later stage,getting in is as gd as nil..or even if you were dropped at the very start for that matter..you have to bite your nails as much as the other guy right next to you who don't have any flight experience..One off situations do occur,but everyday isn't sunday..

Some guys who self sponsor themselves fly cessna 172's for 2 years before they upgrade,some fly Learjets immediately...What are your chances of flying a jet immediately???One off situation right there..

I won't disagree with you neither will I agree with you totally as well..You still go through the same company assesments,be it if you are a virgin or not..You make their cut,you enter the lair,you don't,find your way out..simple as that..