PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer
Thread: BA Cityflyer
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2008, 00:21
13Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BACF Schedule 27th October

Does anyone know what is going on with BACF's fleet tommorrow.

EDINBURGH

Just noticed they have just Cancelled the BA8713 EDI/LCY which is usually operated by the Flightline (94 seater )146
How interesting.
I was booked on the BA8713 0810 EDI - LCY on Monday 27th (i.e. in around 8 hours from now). If it hadn't been for reading your post BALaddy, I'd have woken at 0600, taxied to the airport to arrive just after 0700 to find my flight had been cancelled. Perhaps, if my luck was in, I'd have been rebooked on the 0905 or if not, I'd have to stand in a queue of grumpy people at the BA, sorry I mean Aviance, desk to have my flight changed.

Thanks to your post, I've just called BA and they have confirmed that the BA8713 has indeed been cancelled and a nice American lady has rebooked me on the 0905. As a result of this I can now warn folks in London I'll be an hour late, cancel my early taxi, have an hour longer in bed, and will be in a much better mood tomorrow morning.

However:
  • At the time of my booking, ba.com asked for my mobile phone number to be used in the event of any changes to my flights. In spite of flying countless times with BA over the last few years, earning a gold card in the process, and been subject to numerous disrupted and cancelled flights during that time, I've NEVER had a single text message from BA. Why ?
  • It's clear from your message that people inside BA knew about the cancellation well in advance. Why hasn't anyone made any effort to contact the passengers ? Tomorrow there's going to be a planeful of disgruntled passengers at EDI and BA's reputation is going to get (yet) another kicking.
It could all be so different. If this were an isolated incident I might be sympathetic, but this has now happened to me multiple times.

Why, when a flight is delayed or cancelled, can't BA proactively, using the information it already has, contact its customers and tell them rather than wait for a customer service calamity to unfold at the airport ?

13Alpha